1. TIME – it can take a considerable amount of time to organize a successful sale, depending on it’s size.
2. PRICING – a wide range of knowledge will be needed to price antiques, art, collectibles, and every day household items.
3. EQUIPMENT – locked display cases, display shelving, tables and covers, professional street signs, etc.
4. EXPERIENCE – knowledge of how to run a successful estate sale such as placing ads, times and days to hold the sale.
5. ENERGY – moving furniture, packing and unpacking boxes, arranging and pricing of items.
6. SELLING – being comfortable and knowledgeable negotiating with dealers, strangers, even neighbors and family.
7. DETACHMENT – selling family heirlooms and memories can be very difficult.